As the only global body that unites trade associations specific to public relations consultancies, the International Communications Consultancy Organisation is unique in its aims and in its offering. Some of the key benefits to membership are listed here.
For Trade Associations:
- Membership to ICCO confers a badge of credibility and professionalism for the PR / industry in the home country.
- Recognised ethical and management standards, endorsed across a large number of countries, are in place to be handed down to the association’s member firms, including the option of Consultancy Management Standard (CMS) accreditation.
- ICCO meetings, events and other communication channels provide a forum for addressing industry issues as well as sharing knowledge and best practice with peers from around the world.
- The organisation serves as a vehicle for expressing opinions on key industry issues to the outside world with a unified voice.
- ICCO services can be customised and branded in partnership with each association for offering to local member consultancies.
- An established network of members lends support and guidance on operational and other association matters.
- Member associations represent a trusted network for exploring international activities.
For Their Member Firms:
- Potential clients refer to ICCO to locate high quality consultancies internationally, creating a channel for new business referrals.
- Endorsement of the ICCO codes offers a tangible demonstration to clients and employees alike of the firm’s professional integrity and high ethical standards.
- Equally, a common understanding among member firms of acceptable business practice provides a trusted network for finding agency partners abroad.
- Interested consultancies may choose to improve their business processes and further enhance their professional credibility by achieveing certification in the Consultancy Management Standard (CMS), available exclusively to the ICCO community.
- Membership offers exposure to leading industry thinkers and best practice methodologies via ICCO summits and communications.
- ICCO-affiliation also provides access to proprietary industry research and knowledge, including participation in annual World Reports, quarterly Trends Barometers, etc.
- ICCO consultancies have direct access to and information about quality services that are either exclusive to members or offered at a member's discount (e.g. online training).
- The global organisation acts as a conduit for raising awareness and voicing opinions on key issues in public relations of concern to individual firms.
- Member firms are entitled to special services, discounts and other economic benefits from ICCO partners.